Russ-
Not Configured essentially means 'do nothing', so to undo an enabled setting, you have to set the downstream GPO to Disabled. In your case, I'm assuming you're controlling the screensaver through User Configuration|Admin Templates. If that's the case, then your deny ACEs need to be on a user group, since its the users that process this policy.

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Rimmerman, Russ
Sent: Friday, May 14, 2004 12:57 PM
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: [ActiveDir] GPO troubles

We have password protected screensavers enabled in our default domain policy, and then at a lower OU level, I have a GPO linked that is set to Screen Savers "Not configured".  Basically, we want all users to have password protected screensavers except a select few machines.

So, I created a security group called "No Screensaver" and added computer accounts that we don't want screensavers to be enforced on.  Then I went into our default domain policy, and added deny read and deny apply gpo to this No Screensaver group.  The GPO that IS applied only to the No Screensaver group has all the screen saver settings set to "Not configured" and the Password Protect the Screensaver GPO is "Disabled".

Once a GPO is applied to a PC, do you have to "Disable" it to unapply it, or will setting it to "Not configured" put it back to normal?

I added my computer to this No Screensaver group, and still my screen saver settings and buttons are greyed out and it will not let me change it.

Thanks
This e-mail is confidential, may contain proprietary information
of the Cooper Cameron Corporation and its operating Divisions
and may be confidential or privileged.

This e-mail should be read, copied, disseminated and/or used only
by the addressee. If you have received this message in error please
delete it, together with any attachments, from your system.