Old Town, Maine

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Kern, Tom
Sent: Tuesday, May 04, 2004 3:44 PM
To: ActiveDir (E-mail)
Subject: [ActiveDir] OT: riddle me this

I have a devloper who is running visual source safe and has had issues since
day one logging in(to VSS).
The app just uses its own internal db of users for auth, not AD. However the
files reside on an ntfs share.

Here's my confusion- I put this devloper into the domainadmins group as a
test. he cannot change the attributes of files from read-only to read. He
gets an access denied error.
He cannot create files in a dir he has been given explicit access(full
control). still gets an access denied.
I've tried from different machines from win2k sp4 to winxp sp1 and still the
same issue.

The files and dirs reside on a AD win2k dc. We are a win2k mixed mode
domain.

could an account have gotten corrupted or screwed? and how could i tell?
running ethereal when he connects only gives me what I know- smb nt file
access denied.

what the heck is going on here?

thanks