Do a network trace while unlocking a machine and look to see if something
isn't being found or is responding slowly. I would expect something in DNS.

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of J0mb
Sent: Monday, April 19, 2004 4:43 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [ActiveDir] (OT?) Slow resume from computer Lock

This might be OT, if so i apologize.
On my AD network, i have some clients needing a lot of time to resume from a
computer lock. A user types his/her credentials to unlock and must wait
40-60 seconds before the desktop would be displayed. Using alternate
credentials than the logged on user makes no difference.
This is happening on some 10-12 WinXP machines out of 500. Win2000 and
Non-Domain members clients seems not affected.
I couldn't determine whether this might be related to a domain issue.
Thanks all.