Hey Laura...

Two things come to mind here. First, do the NT4 clients have the DSClient
installed, and if so, does it make a difference?

Second, are you still running WINS in the environment?

What it sounds like is that you're having a LOT of NetBIOS name resolution
issues. Remember pre-Win2k, you pretty much had to have WINS, and its an
absolute requirenment for multisegment LANs and WANs.

When the clients stop being able to log in, have you run NLTest or NetDom to
verify the secure channel? I'd be interested in seeing the output of that.

Roger D. Seielstad - MTS MCSE MS-MVP
Sr. Systems Administrator
Inovis Inc.

List FAQ    : http://www.activedir.org/list_faq.htm