From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, May 18, 2004 3:26 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [ActiveDir] Unable to demote Additional DC

Hello Folks,
I am trying to demote an Additional Domain Controller and when I do that thru DCPRMO, I get this error;

The operation failed because:

The Directory Service was unable to transfer the domain wide FSMO roles (PDC and
Rid master) to another Domain Controller in this domain.  A possible cause may
that no other servers are on line to receive the FSMO, or the Directory Service
has a record of a server that no longer exists.

"The DSA object could not be found. "

All the servers are online and from this machine, I can ping to the PDC Emulator too. How do I resolve this issue?? Can any one point to some KB articles for explanation?

Regards,
Mohammed Athif Khaleel
Asst.Network Engineer
AlFaisaliah Group Information Technology
Tel.: +966-1-461-0077 x.209
Moble.: +966-509774015
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Have you installed the patch for Microsoft Security Bulletin MS04-11?
"Save Internet, Keep all the systems patched"
Web: http://alfaisaliah.com

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom/which they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager at the following email address: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Al Faisaliah Group. Internet communications cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, arrive late or contain viruses. The sender therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the context of this message, which arise as a result of Internet transmission.  Finally, the recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. Al Faisaliah Group accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.