Yeah my mistake I was referring to the PERC-II card ;-)  I have a PE3200 which has a PERC-II in it.

I managed to get 2k3 installed on it using a MegaRAID 2000 driver (Win2k driver) but I have not managed to obtain a compatible firmware update yet... maybe some day

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of joe
Sent: Tuesday, May 18, 2004 10:03 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] Mixed network PC and Mac -> AD or XServe

Again it was the Perc II, not the Perc 2. That was the Perc card prior to the Perc 2. It was in the x100 and some x200 series machines. The issue was that the documentation said something was possible (it was a really bad idea of spanning a single logical drive across the internal and external enclosure) and when we went to do exactly what the docs said, it, thank god, didn't work. We called Dell and kept getting, how odd right up until we hit a "Real" engineer who (rightfully) dressed me up and down for even considering doing something like that. Not only was I not pissed off for being chewed out and treated like a dumbass, I thanked him profusely for teaching me about something I knew very little to nothing about.

If you look at the BIOS start up on the card it will say something like PERC-II... not PERC-2.

There were barely compatible firmware and drivers for 2K for those things... I did get one to work with K3 with the latest available firmware from Dell and the 2K drivers though I think Dell said it was unsupported.  If I recall the last firmware available was from like April 2000. Something like U84 / A02 or something like that. Can't recall any other details...

I think maybe I have learned too much and now as I learn more I forget the old stuff as it rolls out of the log... I shouldn't have played and beat Assult Mech this last week or so... Forgetting how to do useful things. :o)