Here's the situation. We've got a number of W2K DCs that are Compaq DL360's
with dual NICs. Each one of them has a "production" interface that is
reachable by clients. The second interface has a presence on a non-routable
network that is used exclusively for backups.  Since the DC sees both
interfaces, both of them get registered in our BIND based DNS. So with 8 DCs
we end up with 16 GC entries registered,  8 of which aren't reachable by
client workstations. Everything works, but we are worried more about long
term performance of things like Exchange/outlook. Is there any way to keep
these records from being registered for a particular NIC? My other option is
to make the zones static and manually enter the appropriate records, but I'd
rather not have to do that if there's an easier solution.

TIA

-cars