        From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] on behalf of Carlos Tronco
        Sent: Thu 20/05/2004 08:37
        To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
        Subject: [ActiveDir] Is it possible to Disable GC registration on a particular
NIC?

        Here's the situation. We've got a number of W2K DCs that are Compaq DL360's
        with dual NICs. Each one of them has a "production" interface that is
        reachable by clients. The second interface has a presence on a non-routable
        network that is used exclusively for backups.  Since the DC sees both
        interfaces, both of them get registered in our BIND based DNS. So with 8 DCs
        we end up with 16 GC entries registered,  8 of which aren't reachable by
        client workstations. Everything works, but we are worried more about long
        term performance of things like Exchange/outlook. Is there any way to keep
        these records from being registered for a particular NIC? My other option is
        to make the zones static and manually enter the appropriate records, but I'd
        rather not have to do that if there's an easier solution.

        TIA

        -cars