Title: RE: [ActiveDir] win98
Thanks Nicholas. I will try that out.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, May 27, 2004 4:55 PM
Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] Users file permission display on intranet page or to file

Lots of third party tools to do this – I did exactly this for a client the other day using Quest Reporter – published to HTML, excel, whatever automatically & collected into a DB for auditing – was an auditing requirement for a health provider.

File/folder mods can be tracked using auditing on object access on the file/print box. Again used Reporter for this to store the logs – audit requirement – and report on them on an exception basis. It’s not the only tool out there, but it fitted the clients requirement to a “T” – no agents on any boxes, track file/folder&share ACL’s and compare over time what was modified and by whom.