That's totally expected.  In order to install the internet services snap-in, you do that through the control panel | add/remove programs | windows components. It's not installed by default.  Note that it's not a best practice to use ESM tools on a DC although you can do this.  The Exchange servers shouldn't see the Unix attributes since SFU is not installed on those servers.

AL

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Douglas M. Long
Sent: Friday, June 04, 2004 4:25 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [ActiveDir] Exchange and Server 2003 Management

What in the world. I have one DC running in 2003 native mode AD with SFU 3.5 installed on it. Two back-end Exchange 2003 servers (Server 2003), and one front-end Exchange 2003 server (Server 2003).

On my first test (installing everything on one machine: Server 2003+Exchange 2003+ SFU 3.5), everything showed up in ADUC. UNIX attributes and Exchange attributes.

Well, now in my current setup, I can't get both in ADUC. From the DC, the only extended attributes I see are the UNIX attributes. From the Exchange Servers, the only extended attributes I see are exchange attributes (regardless if I use the adminpak ADUC, or the Exchange ADUC).

I tried to install the exchange management tools on the DC but get an error saying that "Internet Information Services Snap-in" is not present or disabled. Why in the world would the snap-in not me there? I cant find it to download seperately for 2003 (only XP).

What in the world am I doing wrong? What is the correct way to get all the attributes showing in the same management console?