Why not create a dummy site, and move the DC into it?

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Fugleberg,
David A
Sent: Tuesday, June 08, 2004 4:06 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [ActiveDir] Preventing a DC from authenticating users

I want to stop a specific DC from authenticating users as part of a
test.  The server also provides DNS for the clients, so I don't want to
shut down the box during the test - I just want it to be 'invisible' to
clients looking for a DC for the duration of the test (a couple of days
max).

Is 'net stop netlogon' and deleting the appropriate GC and LDAP SRV
records a reasonable way to go about this ? Will this prevent
replication? Any other ideas to accomplish this ?  Thanks!

Dave Fugleberg