Title: Message

Try dcpromo /forceremoval.  This will remove AD from the server and turn it back into a standalone.

Dan

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Malachi Burke
Sent: Monday, June 14, 2004 5:17 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [ActiveDir] Uninstallation

Our new PDC from Dell turns out to be physically damaged inside, so we’re sending it back.  I want to remove AD from the system (for security reasons) but DCPROMO isn’t working because this DC is now off the LAN.  It’s off the LAN because I successfully cloned (via NTbackup) its behavior to the replacement PDC which now has its same name and IP address.  Is there a quick and easy way to wipe out AD without actually reformatting the system?  Thanks!

Mal