Hi,

Installating a Microsoft DNS will not effect your network. you can Install and configure DNS at any time through the Confiure your server through the administrative tools.

Forget about any conflict, but stiil if you are not confident then you can configure the Srandard primary DNS first, testt it for couple of days and later on you can configure the Standard primary DNS to Active Directory Integrated DNS.
For any other query please let me know , I will be glad to assist you.

Manjeet
"Puetz, Christoph" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Our AD (Win2K - mixed) mode is 3rd party DNS and WINS and it is giving us headaches all over the place. When the AD got designed Microsoft DNS was not considered an option by the engineer who made the original design. I'd like to change this.

My plan is to install Microsoft's DNS on our Domain Controllers and to setup an Active Directory integrated DNS zone so that we get rid of the always ongoing problems caused by using non-Microsoft DNS in our environment. I want to set the existing DNS servers as forwarders so that all other requests are basically still being served by the 3rd party DNS.

About the implementation - I want to migrate a small group of users first for testing. Will installing DNS and setting up an AD integrated zone cause any conflicts to the remaining part of my network? Only a few clients will get the different DNS server IPs assigned - everyone else stays on the other ones.

Thanks for any feedback.

Christoph