All,

We are currently undergoing our MS Licensing Upgrade (ugh), and one of the
things I need to know is which version and which edition of windows server
is running on a particular machine.

Getting the version number from the registry is fairly easy, and I've
already configured MS Ops Manager to get this information.  Determining the
edition (server, advanced server etc) is proving a bit more difficult.  I've
used The AD Cookbook (thanks Robbie) and got the basic list of servers
(Windows 2000 v Windows 2003), now just need to work out what edition of
windows is running on them.

Any idea how to quickly retrieve this information ?

TIA

Glenn

List FAQ    : http://www.activedir.org/list_faq.htm