This thread seems confusing to me and doesn't seem to have all of the
information.

Questions:

1.

You say "added the technician group to the computers OU"

When you say that do you mean you added the Technicians group the ACL of the
Computers container (i.e. CN=COMPUTERS) or did you create an OU for
computers or other?

2.

You say "The problem is that when I set these, everything works fine."

When you say that do you mean that it sets ok and that is fine or that you
set it and test it with the group and the group at that point in time is
fine. Robert asked the same question but you glossed over it and didn't
answer.

3.

You say "To fix the issue temporarily, "

Did this tempory fix work?

4. Are the accounts precreated or are the techs simply joining a new machine
straight to the domain?

5. How are the techs doing the join?