Title: Message
Windows Server 2003  - if you are at forest functionality level 2, will allow a domain rename.
That may be a reason to move.. is that what you are asking?

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, June 22, 2004 11:29 AM
Subject: [ActiveDir] AD domain changes

So I've been dreading this for awhile but I've got the time available and I've planned for it.   I'd like to change my AD domain name.  I'm looking for options.  I realize that W2k by itself will not allow you to change it and you'd have to just uninstall and reinstall to change the domain.  That is an option but I'd like to see if there is another alternative.  The flip side is that my active directory network is very small with 2 DCs running w2k server, 1 DHCP server and that's it.  The current system is working fine and the only thing that needs to change is the domain name itself.  Would it make sense to move to 2003 server?

Ken-