If you have a single domain, changing from 389 to 3268 really shouldn't have
bought you anything.

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Joe Pochedley
Sent: Wednesday, June 23, 2004 1:05 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] LSASS.exe using 99% CPU during multiple LDAP look
ups

Al,

Thanks for the tip...  Yes, this is the Exchange Accelerator stuff...
LDAP lookups to verify the recipient (SMTP address) actually exists in the
org before accepting the mail)...

The server I was using was a GC and the only functions it serves are as
DC/GC and DNS so it's usually very lightly loaded...  Based on a
recommendation from Barracuda, I moved the query from the standard port
389 to the GC port 3268.  The queries return MUCH faster now and LSASS has
settled back to its normal level...

Of course the response I got didn't include any wherefore or why...  Any
tips on when I should use the GC query port vs. the standard query port?

Thanks again for the reply.

Joe Pochedley
A computer terminal is not some clunky old television with a typewriter in
front of it. It is an interface where the mind and body can connect with the
universe and move bits of it about. -Douglas Adams