I am getting numerous errors in the Application Event logs that are provided below.

Windows cannot query for the list of Group Policy objects. Check the event log for possible messages previously logged by the policy engine that describes the reason for this.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Windows cannot access the file gpt.ini for GPO cn={4A2B990D-CE94-4AF6-BB85-5521AAEEE954},cn=policies,cn=system,DC=mydomain,DC=com. The file must be present at the location <\\mydomain.com\SysVol\mydomain.com\Policies\{4A2B990D-CE94-4AF6-BB85-5521AAEEE954}\gpt.ini>. (Access is denied. ). Group Policy processing aborted.

According to the error the system cannot find the gpt.ini file in the path \\mydomain.com\SysVol\mydomain.com\Policies\{4A2B990D-CE94-4AF6-BB85-5521AAEEE954 because permission is denied.

NTFS permissions on the directory have not been modified.  The permissions defined on the directory mentioned above are:

Authenticated Users:

                Read & Execute

                List Folder Contents

                Read

Creator Owner

                Special Permissions

Domain Admins

                Full Control

Enterprise Admins

                Full Control

Enterprise Domain Controllers

                Read & Execute

                List Folder Contents

                Read

System

                Full Control

Primary DC

                Read & Execute

                List Folder Contents

                Read

Secondary DC

                Read & Execute

                List Folder Contents

                Read

I have read KB Ariticle #810907 but I would rather not install a Hotfix if not absolutely necessary.  Has anyone else experienced this?  If so, were you able to remedy the error without the Hotfix?  If so, how.

Thank you.