What will encourage those folks with non-compliant implementations to upgrade, then,
eh? :-)

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, June 24, 2004 2:41 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] OT: W2k3's DNS

Yeah, you could do that. But remember that the "cause" of the problem IS the fact that
W2K3 DNS has this large packet size in the first place. It's RFC-compliant and all,
but there are tons of people and devices out there that simply do not speak this
language. This is why Win2K3 DNS barfs regularly.

So, I agree that REDUCING the packet size on the DNS server (rather than configuring
PIX to accept the large packet) is a more effective way to ensure that your DNS
packets will get to the maximum number of destinations possible.

Sincerely,

Dèjì Akómöláfé, MCSE MCSA MCP+I
Microsoft MVP - Directory Services
www.readymaids.com - we know IT
www.akomolafe.com
Do you now realize that Today is the Tomorrow you were worried about Yesterday?  -anon