From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Edwin
Sent: Thursday, July 01, 2004 4:45 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [ActiveDir] Folder Redirection Errors

Error 1:

The Group Policy client-side extension Folder Redirection was passed flags (0) and returned a failure status code of (1307).

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Error 2:

Failed to perform redirection of folder Application Data. The new directories for the redirected folder could not be created. The folder is configured to be redirected to \\mydomainname.com\sharedfiles$\User Profiles, the final expanded path was \\ mydomainname.com \sharedfiles$\User Profiles. The following error occurred:

This security ID may not be assigned as the owner of this object.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

I have a Win2K3 DC with Win2K Pro clients.  I have roaming profiles setup with the Application Data, Desktop and My Documents forwarded to a UNC path.

Every time a user logs in, they receive the above errors.  For Error 2 an error is generated for each forwarded folder.  I have read and applied KB #274443 but no changes in the Event Logs occurred.

As far as I can tell, I do not see any problems when saving data to the Roaming Profile or Forwarded folders so I am not sure why the error is being generated.

I would appreciate any suggestions as to how to correct these errors.

Thank you in advance for your replies.

Edwin