If the machine is standalone, you could e-mail them a script that makes the proposed registry changes. How else are you going to touch a machine that doesn't login regularly to have a GPO applied ?

Kevin Gent
Pearson Digital Learning
-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]On Behalf Of Cothern Jeff D. Team EITC
Sent: Thursday, July 01, 2004 6:49 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [ActiveDir] GPO question concerning LOCAL GPO

We have identified an issue with a security policy (the paper kind)  that conflicts with how our current build is set on our workstations.  The workstations are running Windows 2000.  I need to see if there is a way to change the LOCAL GPO on say 2000+ machines on the domain without having to remotely or sneaker login.  Anyone know if a script could be written that say changes the GPO so the screen saver activates in 600 seconds, password protected and the user doesn’t see the screen saver tab.  I have already worked out the GPOs for users with these settings but the question was posed to me what about if the machine is operating in a standalone mode temporarily, IE laptop.

Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

Jeff