Title: Message
I recommend running dcpromo, then uninstall DNS.  I also recommend checking with the hardware manufacturer first to determine if any updated hardware drivers are available for the system.  Most BSODs are caused by bad hardware drivers, then by bad hardware.

Kenneth W. (Ken) Adams, MCSA, MCSE

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, July 08, 2004 11:36 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [ActiveDir] Rebuilding a DC/DNS Server

We have a domain controller/adi dns server that has not been behaving lately (blue screened a couple of times). I am going to rebuild the system.

Here is my question: Should I uninstall DNS before running dcpromo, or run dcpromo first and then remove DNS?

I'm sure there are other paramaters to consider, and I have not provided a detailed plan, just curious about this paticular order.

Thanks!

-Jbl