After a few months of lurking this is my first post to this list. Thanks to all for the great information I have picked up here.

I’m currently doing some exercises in a lab environment to be able to establish a good backup/restore plan for our future 2003 AD. When AD has been set up we will have it populated with about 15.000 users. Among those users a lot of them have none US characters in their names, for example the Swedish åäö. Right now I’m doing some test with authorative restore of user-object and OU’s, and it will not work as I want it to. I’m not able to do a authorative restore of a user/OU with non US characters in it via CMD and NTDSUTIL.

Does anyone have some information regarding this?

--

Rickard Dehlin