-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Jacob Stabl
Sent: Wednesday, July 14, 2004 3:15 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [ActiveDir] Summer Maintenance

Summer is now in full swing and its time for a bit of AD maintenance.  This
is the school district's first year of running AD successfully and now we
are going to make some changes to the network, mostly client changes.  All
clients are currently joined to AD and we want to create a ghost image and
re-image all the clients so they are fresh for the upcoming year.  The main
change is going to be the name of the computers, the naming scheme has
changed so that we can better identify computers.  Here are some questions:

1. I don't want to touch each computer to manually remove it from AD.  Is
there any problems just deleting those computer accounts from AD?

2. Any suggestions on using ghost to image computers, last year we had to
touch each machine by hand to join it to AD.  Is there a better way?

3. I have just discoved the aging/scavaging features of DNS after I deleted
all client records there.

4. Any good websites on maintenance?

I am fairly new to all this bear with me.

Thanks
Jake

--
Jacob Stabl