Title: OT: Exchange 2000 SPAM Filtering
We are very happy with ModusGate by Vircom (www.vircom.com).

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Burkes, Jeremy [Contractor]
Sent: Thursday, July 15, 2004 8:50 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [ActiveDir] OT: Exchange 2000 SPAM Filtering

Our organization is running Exchange 2000.  We recently put up an SMTP Gateway between our firewall and Exchange 2000 Email Gateway to fend off SPAM and viruses giving us a good choke point for both.  We are using Symantec Mail Security for SMTP which does not require Exchange 2000 to run on.  It is a very good product by Symantec but we remain unimpressed as it gives no automated reporting or performance monitoring.  Does anyone have a product that combats viruses and SPAM while providing automated reporting and performance monitoring, preferably one that does not require Exchange 2000 to run?  We want to stay away from having to maintain another Exchange server if we can help it as we would not put any user mailboxes on it.  Thanks in advance and sorry for the OT discussion if it offends anyone.

Jeremy

Jeremy Burkes
SSP
MIS Department