You might be able to use sysocmgr.exe in a startup script. I've used this to install
IIS but never tried it with OE.
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=222444

        -----Original Message-----
        From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] on behalf of Edwin
        Sent: Tue 20/07/2004 14:03
        To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
        Subject: [ActiveDir] Install MS Outlook Express

        I am aware that with AD and GPO's I can create MSI packages and distribute
        software.  But I am not sure where to begin on installing a built-in program
        such as Outlook Express.

        Initially I disabled the use of Outlook Express by not installing it on the
        client machines.  Now I want to install it.  Why?  Because everyone in the
        network is on Exchange and something they help clients troubleshoot their
        email.  Sometimes in order to troubleshoot they setup the clients email
        account on their local machine.  What then happens is that all of the
        clients email ends up on the Exchange server vs a local PST file.

        I know that this can be changed within the options of MS Outlook to change
        the storage location of email messages, but this is not something that the
        support staff will do or change every time they need to test a remote server
        email account.

        So how can I install Outlook Express on every client machine without
        visiting each one individually?  If there is documentation on the steps
        necessary to do this, I would greatly appreciate that information.

        Is there another, maybe better alternative?

        Thanks for your replies,
        Edwin

        List FAQ    : http://www.activedir.org/list_faq.htm