Title: GP is denying shortcuts.

I have created a Software Restriction Policy which is Disallow by default, I have created my additional rules to allow the paths to programs I want to run (ie: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office). The Enforcement properties are to restrict all software except libraries, and I have removed LNK & MDB from the Designated File Types.

When a user logs in and tries to open a link to an allowed app they receive the message C:\Program Files\....   Windows cannot open this program because its being blocked but when they drill down to the install directory they CAN run the allowed program.

This happens with links on their Desktop, Taskbar and some in the Start Menu.

Anyone have any ideas or ever see this before?

Thanks

Jared Manhat

Systems Administrator

Accutest Laboratories