From: Pelle, Joe [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, July 22, 2004 2:26 PM
To: ActiveDir ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
Subject: [ActiveDir] AD and Exchange - Slightly OT

Hello!  Please assist, sorry for the slightly OT post:

Situation: We have a security root domain (root) and below it our primary child domain (Domain A).  We recently created a second domain underneath the root domain (domain B) with a two way trust between the two child domains (A and B).  Our DNS for Domain A and B both forward up to the root.  Our Exchange 2003 server is sitting in Domain A.  I recently created a user (with a mailbox) on Domain B from the Exchange server in Domain A – TestUser1.

Problem(s):  Exchange never stamped an email address onto TestUser1.  I created an SMTP address for the user manually.  Now I want to create an Outlook profile and Outlook does not see the new user.  The Outlook client is installed on a machine that is connected to Domain B as is TestUser1’s account.  The machine has a static IP, DNS, and WINS.  DNS and WINS are both pointing to the new Domain (B).

Do I have a DNS problem?  I can resolve other names that are already in the GAL via the Outlook client, but not TestUser1.

Any advice you can give would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Joe Pelle

Infrastructure Architect

Information Technology

Valassis / IT

19975 Victor Parkway Livonia, MI 48152

Tel 734.591.7324  Fax 734.632.6151

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

http://www.valassis.com/

This message may have included proprietary or protected information.  This message and the information contained herein are not to be further communicated without my express written consent.