Title: Message
You need to create a CA for each site and you can create them in your domain if the other domains haven't upgraded to a W2K or W2K3 domain yet.  You should have it create disabled accounts and then when they or you are ready to migrate, you can run ADMT to migrate the users over to W2K/3 and then run adclean to merge the mailboxes with the AD objects.
-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Strand, Ted
Sent: Wednesday, July 28, 2004 1:47 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [ActiveDir] ADC and Exchange 2003 with 5.5 (Maybe OT)

We run multiple exchange 5.5 sites all with separate NT4 domains.  As our site (and domain) was the first to complete the AD 2003 migration (all of us will be separate domains under an empty root), we are now ready to upgrade to Exchange 2003.  I have created the connector Agreement (in the test lab) for my site and domain, but the Global address list for mailboxes on the new server (mixed mode in my local 5.5 site) doesn't show the addresses in the other sites.  It looks like I need to create a CA that includes the other 5.5 sites.  I am not sure if this is correct, and if it is, what is best practice?  Do I create one CA and include all of the other sites, or do I make a CA for each site (20+).  What effect will this have on the other sites when they are ready to migrate. Should I configure the other CA's to create disabled accounts, or create contact.

I have searched through quite a bit of information but was not able to get clear answers.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

-Ted-