Title: W2K SCHEMA EXTEND

To All,

I have recently been advised that one of the domains within our forest has a need to start using some of the W2K3 attributes.  The current setup throughout the forest is W2K and SP4 with an empty root and then child domains truncated on downward The forest will be migrated to W2K3 at some point in the not too distant future – but it will not be in time to satisfy the needs of this one domain.

Is it possible for me to extend the forest schema [presume from the empty root] by running W2K3 forestprep and staying at the current W2K?

R/Bill