I have having problems locating the adm files that allow you to set
Group Policy to disable the download and installation of SP2.

The MSFT article states -
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/maintain/sp2aumng.
mspx

Group Policy allows IT administrators to centrally and flexibly define
and enforce settings across groups of systems and users. This ADM
template will allow customers who have implemented Group Policy (a
feature of Windows 2000 Server and Windows Server 2003 that is built on
Active Directory) to quickly disable and re-enable delivery of Windows
XP SP2 to systems across their organizations.

The IT administrator imports the provided ADM template using the 'GP
Edit' MMC Snap-in which makes available the new Group Policy settings to
disable and re-enable delivery of Windows XP SP2 via AU or WU. A Group
Policy object with the appropriate setting enabled can then be targeted
at the appropriate set of systems and the Group Policy mechanism will
automatically configure the target systems appropriately.

Apparently, they are provided by MSFT??? Maybe I am not reading this
right. Could you point me in the right direction?

Thanks,
Steve