From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, August 13, 2004 2:45 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] ADAM attribute value

Hi Harry,

To get RootDSE via the LDAP API, you do a base level search with a null
search root specified.  RootDSE is kind of an "ADSI" thing to accomplish
the same thing.

You would need to use a filter such as (subschemaSubentry=*) or
something because the RootDSE object doesn't have an objectClass, thus
the default "objectClass=*" filter doesn't work.

HTH,

Joe K.