Can anyone provide me with good documentation on RIS and software deployment through GPO?

We currently use MS ADS and I don’t like it and I believe it to be the cause of problems.  Aside from that, I think that I can benefit more from RIS if my plan goes through well.  I am not interested in using RipRep since it act similar to MS ADS and documentation of the product is similar in its requirements to successfully use.

I have two Wind2K3 Enterprise Domains, a Win2K3 Standard File server and Win2K Pro workstations.

The main pieces of software that I would like to push out would be MSSQL 2000 (client tools only), MS Office 2000, Symantec AV Corporate Edition.

I have read some documentation on this but would like to know if any of you have other good known sources.  My information comes from a book and the help files that are found within the DEPLOY.CAB file in the /support/tools/ folder of the Win2K3 CD.

Thank you all for your replies.

Edwin