I am attempting to use RIS and am getting problem after problem.

I posted a question about PXE and the NIC being used and was informed that I would have to download and use RIS specific drivers for the network card I am using.

http://downloadfinder.intel.com/scripts-df/Detail_Desc.asp?agr=N&ProductID=407&DwnldID=6760

This worked great!  It did what I needed.

Now, the install runs through with no problem but when it has completed, I see that the NIC is not being recognized nor the Audio card.  I don’t really care for the Audio right now.

Also, I am updating the ristndrd.sif file to try and add the machine to the domain and have added the values as displayed below:

[Identification]

JoinDomain = mydomain

DomainAdmin = User

DomainAdminPassword = "password"

The computer is being added to the OU that I want (I assume when in Text Mode) but the machine doesn’t appear to be a part of the domain once the new OS install is completed.  And if it was, I would still need to resolve the NIC problem.

I have created and modified the same above file to look for 3rd party drivers.  The driver files are located in the specified locations.  The updated section of the file is also below:

[Unattended]

OemPreinstall = no

NoWaitAfterTextMode = 0

FileSystem = LeaveAlone

ExtendOEMPartition = 0

ConfirmHardware = no

NtUpgrade = no

Win31Upgrade = no

TargetPath = \WINNT

OverwriteOemFilesOnUpgrade = no

OemSkipEula = yes

InstallFilesPath = "\\%SERVERNAME%\RemInst\%INSTALLPATH%\%MACHINETYPE%"

OemPreinstall = yes

OemPnpDriversPath = "Drivers\Audio;Drivers\NIC"

Why doesn’t the machine become a part of the domain and how come the NIC isn’t being installed?