Kerberos is the protocol of choice in Windows 2000/2003 domains.
Kerberos will be initially used on any authentication requests between a
Winsows 2000 or higher client and a Windows 2000/2003 resource.  If the
resource is an NT 4.0 server of if Kerberos fails, the authentication
will resort to NTLM.  Are you running IPSEC between the frontend server
and the backend server?  I don't think there is another way to encrypt
this traffic.

I searched and could not find a setting to disable NTLM authentication.
However, I think this should work.  On the OWA server, set a policy to
only send NTLM.  On the backend server and the domain controllers set a
policy to only accept NTLMv2 and reject LM and NTLM.  This should stop
any NTLM authentication between the OWA server and the Backend Exchange
server.

Dennis

s.yahoo.com/new_mail/static/ease.html>  - You start. We finish.

List FAQ    : http://www.activedir.org/list_faq.htm