Joe's right (surprise!)--there is definitely no interface today for programmatically changing settings within a GPO. If you look at the methods on IGroupPolicyObject, none of them refer to being able to get inside the GPO--they simply provide a way to do the things that you can already do in GPMC or against AD directly (in the case of modifying GP Options). That said, don't be surprised if, in the near future, you do see someone come out with a way of programmatically modifying GP settings.

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of joe
Sent: Monday, September 20, 2004 7:46 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] Active Directory Programming

I haven't personally seen a method that could do it and when I queried BJ (PM for GPMC) back at the Windows Server 2003 RDP conference about it he indicated that that functionality still wasn't available in the soon to be released (at the time) GPMC though they were thinking about it for an unnamed future version of GPMC.

I would love to hear if someone has figured out how to do this through some poorly documented interface though.

Here are the GPMC interfaces Darren eludes to

All of that being said, you could look at modifying the GPOs via manipulation of the backend text files. You would also want to update version info in the text files and AD objects as well.

I think the issue with the fact that the API doesn't exist is that GPOs are pretty flexible, every time new functionality was added to them through a template or whatever, you would have to issue a new updated COM interface or else the interface would be so generic as to be nearly on the same level as updating the text files directly.

  joe