Note the header below,
Cyrus didn't specify a valid domain suffix for his email address, and as a
result your mail clients/mail routing software are appending a domain.

From:   cyrus
To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [ActiveDir] slow communication
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 01:55:03 -0400
Sender: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Kapil Arora
Sent: 29 September 2004 08:28 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [ActiveDir] Maybe I'm just confused...

It's quite Strange

I got this email with a "from" as "[EMAIL PROTECTED]".

Which is quite strange as this suppose to be our Domain.

How is this spoof done ? Is he just writing his name "cyrus" in the "email
address" field of the email client, and not specifying complete/correct
email address.

Thanks
Kapil