-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Myrick, Todd
(NIH/CIT)
Sent: Wednesday, September 29, 2004 11:16 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [ActiveDir] Group ID Code Attribute

Greetings,

We have a requirement for encoding an entry on our AD groups with an ID code
in an attribute.  I have been asked to look into ways to best accomplish the
requirement.

I have reviewed the AD schema, and there doesn't appear to be an attribute
dedicated to this function already.  (We are looking for something like
Employee ID.)

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/adschema/ad
schema/attributes_all.asp

So it looks like our alternatives are to either use an existing attribute on
a group, or to extend the schema to support the attribute.

My question for the list is has anyone ran into this before and if so, what
approach have you done.

If I choose the option to extend the schema, how would we expose that
attribute to be modified in native tools?

Thanks,

Todd