Title: Message

I would start by checking the IP stack configuration (DNS, WINS, etc.) on the workstation and also reviewing the event logs to determine if there are any differences.   You might find that either you have a name resolution problem or that the secure channel between the workstation and domain is at fault.

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Caple, Andrew
Sent: Thursday, October 07, 2004 4:22 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [ActiveDir] Users and Computers error

We have 4 people working on the Support Centre and the error below came up on only one of the computers. All users have the same permissions and they have been using the same computer for the past 5 months without any problems. Apparently the user was able to get in at one stage however he closed the mmc and then tried to get back in - then the error came up.

"Naming Information cannot be located because:

No authority could be contacted for authentication.

Contact your system administrator to verify that you domain is properly configured and is currently online"

I've had a look on the MS knowledge base and found article 322342 and 329887 but this seems to suggest that you may get this error just after install or setup of the mmc. Has anyone come across this error before?

Thanks for your help - and have a great weekend!!!

Andrew Caple

Infrastructure Engineer

Phone: +61 3 9861 5425

Facsimile: +61 3 9861 5510

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

  105 Camberwell Road, Hawthorn East, Vic 3123