This is further to my previous problem about promoting but the Group Policy
is fixed. I am now trying to promote the server that I forced removed as
explain in my previous post and receive the error

"The Credentials Supplied Conflict with an Existing set of credentials"

I checked all drive mapping etc to see if there was a mapping to cause this
error and there were none.... Well none visible. I used "NET USE" in a
command prompt and it showed the following:-

Status = OK    Local =     Remote = \\VLSEXCH2000.VANGUARD.COM.AU\SYSVOL
Network = Microsoft Windows Network

I have been told that this is because this particular server believes that
it is still part of AD. I was also informed that there is a post on this
site that explains how to do a registry hack to change a setting to make the
server believe that it is just part of the domain and not part of AD. Once
this change has been made I then has been informed to delete SYSVOL and NTDS
folders. Not sure if a restart was required after this and then try the
dcpromo and all should be fine.

I can not find this post so can anyone please help me.

Rodney

P.S. I am now able to successfully promote other Win2000 Servers to be part
of AD since the Group Policy has been fixed.
List FAQ    : http://www.activedir.org/list_faq.htm