From: Bruyere, Michel [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 02 November 2004 13:15
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [ActiveDir] User export/import

Hi,
        I would like to know what would be the best way to export and
reimport users and group from a DC to another. The source DC is the one
that is in our LAN and the second one is in a test lab. They both must
have the same accounts and groups but, they are not connected in any way
and the configuration differ from one to the other (ip range is not the
same).
IIRC I saw a VBS script that could export users and groups in a file
then allow the reimport process... but this is a long time ago, so I may
not recall correctly.

So what you guys would do to achieve this goal?

BTW, I tried to backup the system state and restore it to the other DC,
but the DC froze after the reboot... I don't know if this could be
caused because of the configuration diff.

Thanks!

M.Bruyere

List FAQ    : http://www.activedir.org/list_faq.htm
List archive:

This electronic message contains information from Hampshire Constabulary which may be
legally privileged and confidential. Any opinions expressed may be those of the
individual and not necessarily the Hampshire Constabulary.
The information is intended to be for the use of the individual(s) or entity named
above. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying,
distribution or use of the contents of the information is prohibited. If you have
received this electronic message in error, please notify us by telephone
+44 (0) 845 045 45 45 or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] immediately. Please then delete
this email and destroy any copies of it.
All communications, including telephone calls and electronic messages
to and from the Hampshire Constabulary may be subject to monitoring.  Replies to this
email may be seen by employees other than the intended recipient.