Hi to all from Darkest Africa!!

Can anyone assist me with a scripting issue?

 I’ve generated a list of the groups in my AD by using dsquery. I have a text file as output. I’ve been able read this into a file and extract some information. However my management wants a list of all the Distribution lists only with the Name of the Group and who it’s Manager is.

My script generates all the requisite info but I can’t get it to differentiate between Security and DL’s. We have a bunch of Security Groups that have had Exchange E-mail addresses added to them and so are being used as DL’s as well. It appears that all the DL’s have a proxyAddresses attribute.

Is there anyway I can do a script based search through the whole if the domain and extract all groups that have this attribute and return the values that I need.

Any help would really appreciated as I’m completely new to this.

Regards

Peter Johnson