~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I would like to have the user's change their own passwords, but I
would also like to be able to know their new passwords.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ALARM! ALARM!!

I don't *ever* want to know someone else's password.  I don't *ever*
want someone else to have reason to believe that I have their
password, as this violates all sorts of security principles.

This violates the whole purpose of having a password in the first place.

If I ever need to get into an end-user system as their specific
account, when they happen to be unavailable, I'll change their
password at that time.  (Ensuring that I have good key recovery in
place for EFS usage)

Suffice it to say, your plans has Bad-Ideaâ written all over it.  I
would highly recommend that you pursue a different course of action.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Does anyone know of a solution? Maybe something like an email
generated by some sort of script with the new password?

This only sounds worse...

Not incidentally, the NET USER /RANDOM command supports the generation
of random passwords.

- ASB
  Cheap, Fast, Secure -- Pick Any TWO.
  http://www.ultratech-llc.com/KB/