>>Isn't that only true if you aren't using Windows 200X for DHCP services?

Possibly. I have not personally seen a difference in the behavior, though. I
also do not agree with the document. Test it out, in a lab. Scavenging and
aging confuses me, and I try very hard to get a handle on it. I suggest you
do it in a lab because one of the "ooops" moment of again/scavening is the
high probability of your deleting valid records and generating huge helpdesk
calls.

Sincerely,

Dèjì Akómöláfé, MCSE+M MCSA+M MCP+I
Microsoft MVP - Directory Services