Title: Message
Sure that would be fine, note that scope is by default subtree with adfind so you can cut out the -s subtree switch.

For the initial startup you might want to run the check every 10 or 15 minutes and see what you get. Build up a map in your head of what it is doing. Then once you are confident on how consistent the numbers are, push the frequency back up to once per hour. Alternatively set a threshhold and if a machine exceed it, crank up the frequency for that machine.

  joe

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Thommes, Michael M.
Sent: Saturday, November 13, 2004 9:54 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] Script to check on GCs response/health?

Hi Joe,
    Thanks for ideas!  I've built some code that runs every hour and the numbers are interesting.  I've found a couple of GCs that are in the 4 second range while the majority are in the neighborhood of 0.3 seconds but I expect the numbers will fluctuate more as I collect more statistics.  Can I assume the following query (using each GC passed as %1) is appropriate?

adfind.exe -h %1 -b dc=xxx,dc=gov -f name=admin-renamed -gc -s subtree cn

Thanks again!

Mike Thommes