-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Robbie Foust
Sent: Monday, November 15, 2004 3:32 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [ActiveDir] RDP

Ellis, Debbie wrote:

> I recently upgraded one of our Windows 2003 Domain Controllers to
> Enterprise Edition. (Needed for Certificates, auto enrollment).

You don't need enterprise edition for that.  I'm doing it with standard
edition and it works fine.

> The problem I am having is when I try to connect remotely via Remote
> Desktop Protocol, the server reboots.  It worked fine before the
> upgrade. Has anyone experienced this problem or know a solution?

Does this happen as soon as the connection is established, or while
you're logging on?

I've never been a fan of domain controller upgrades. Too many things can
break or become unstable.  You're better off demoting it and rebuilding
it from scratch.

- Robbie

--
Robbie Foust, IT Analyst
OIT/CASI - Administrative Information Support