Hi. I'm trying to set up RRAS as a ipsec/l2tp vpn server.
I have a couple of questions. You can either point my sorry butt to a good doc
if i seem too lazy or answer them for me. I've been using mark Minasi's book on
win2k server as a guide but he's doesn't really go into depth about RRAS and
vpn.
So here goes-
1.Do i need 2 nics on my RRAS server or can i just have one public or NAT'ed
nic and have my router route the vpn tunnels?

2. Do i need to install a certificate for ipsec vpn's or can i use the windows
logon as a pre-shared key?

I have remote clients and i can't access them physically so I chose RRAS as a
solution so i wouldn't have to push out vpn clients since they are all running
XP. But if I need to push out a certificae,i think i'm screwed.

The Minasi book doesn't mention anything about certificates for ipsec. In fact
I don't see anything in the RRAS manager for certificates. Unless this is a gpo
setting.

Thanks and I apologize if this seems basic but I can' find good RRAS info.
List FAQ    : http://www.activedir.org/list_faq.htm