Would a Perl Rsync implementation be better?
http://search.cpan.org/~cbarratt/File-RsyncP-0.52/

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Glenn Corbett
Sent: Wednesday, December 01, 2004 3:20 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [ActiveDir] Slightly OT: File Copy of Death - additional
question in the same vein

All,

Sorry to hijack this thread, however in the same vein, is anyone aware
of a
(preferably) freeware application that does a similar function to rsync
on Linux ? We are looking at synchronising large amounts of data each
night, including some 200+gb databases.  Rsync seems to handle this
situation a lot nicer than robocopy (which we use now), as it only
copies block level changes to the file (robocopy does the whole thing
again).

I have looked at installing rsync using the Cygwin method, but it seems
a bit clunky for my liking.

TIA

Glenn