-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Steve Shaff
Sent: Thursday, 2 December 2004 3:31 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [ActiveDir] Cross Domain Groups

Group,

Have you ever added a domain admins group from another forest into the built
in administrators groups on your local workstation.

We have our forest of nt40 and the parent company has a forest named abc.
They both have a two way trust. I started this project by creating a
universal group in the nt40 forest and placing the domain admins group from
the abc forest into it. I then opened the local permissions on my box and
placed the universal group that I created into the local group.
It actually worked. Therefore, I know that you can cross global groups as
long as you hide them in either a local or universal group (duh).
However, I am trying to find a way to automate this process because all
workstations in the network need the domain admins group from abc. I have
been researching gpo's and haven't found a solution. Have you ran into this
problem before? Ideas?  Suggestions?