-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of John Singler
Sent: Thursday, December 02, 2004 11:38 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [ActiveDir] OT: Service Recovery

maybe disable a dependent service then reboot?  or if you can't afford a
reboot maybe stop your service, stop and disable a dependent service,
then restart your service which should fail.

hth,

john

Burkes, Jeremy [Contractor] wrote:

I am setting up a batch file that will do the following:

- Send notification to IT admins
- Attempt to restart the service

I have completed my batch file and want to test it in our test environment. Anyone have any idea how to get Windows 2000 to actually

fail a service to test my batch file? I can't seem to find a way to get Windows 2000 service to actually fail (maybe a good thing) to test

the batch file any ideas?
List FAQ    : http://www.activedir.org/list_faq.htm